Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I love THIS OLD HOUSE.

I have been promising to put some pictures up of the house for quite awhile and have finally gotten around to taking some of the outside. I also took some of the inside, but will post those later so I can find some "before" pictures to post along with them.

It is a work in progress and will be that way for awhile (especially the upstairs bathroom...right Jon?!:-)), but I wouldn't trade it for anything! I love the character and puzzles that old houses give. It's always fun to take off the outlet covers to paint and see what colors the people before us chose. I always end up yelling at Jon to come see the disgusting colors the room was in the past and some day when I'm old and wrinkled some other family will be saying that about my color choices. Their opinion of my colors will be wrong of course, but hey, they're entitled to their opinions even if they are ridiculously wrong! :-)

Well, here are the pictures of the outside. I hope to paint it gray with white trim and black shutters in the next summer or two. Of course, those colors can always change at any given moment! That's the way of decorating right?! Jon loves it! :-) I also hope to get a porch swing. This house won't be complete until it has a big lazy swing for the lazy summer days. What could be better then a big glass of sun tea, a brainless romance novel and kids playing in the yard?! Want to come over?! :-)








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot something in your second to last sentence. I think you meant to put this...
"What could be better then watching the kids play in the yard with a big glass of sun tea and a brainless romance novel with a picture of my hunky husband on the cover?!"

That sounds better :-)

-jon

Courtney Walsh said...

oooh, I have several brainless romance novels I could lend you... though none have Jon on the cover (that would just be weird lol) I love it!! It looks comfy and quiet! But you're right... you gotta get a porch swing! :)

I can also picture your big old dogs laying around on the porch too while your sipping your tea and getting all hot and bothered with your smutty books! :) Fun!!!

The Rogers Family said...

Ahhhh...I'll provide the smut, you provide the wine, I mean tea, and I'll be over this afternoon.

Love the house. It looks like so much FUN. So many things you can do with it. Can I come help???
Comfort

Unknown said...

That sounds more like a mint julep afternoon....

House looks great!