Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Elsie's First Slumber Party!



I just realized that I put the pictures in random order, but I am to lazy to start over, so you get to see the evidence of the fun slumber party first!

Elsie chose to have a slumber party with her friend Macy rather then having a birthday party. This was the first slumber party for both girls, so there were high expectations! It was hilarious to hear them giggling and talking throughout the night. They almost sounded to much like teenagers! At one point I went in to check on them because it was amazingly quiet and found fifteen barbies getting hair cuts! I guess you could describe them as "punk barbies" now! So edgy! They watched Hannah Montana in 3D and ate pizza, popcorn and candy. I wonder why they were so wound up at 11:00? :-) They finally passed out around 12:30. I slept down on the couch just in case one of them woke up scared or if Macy decided she wanted to go home. But I didn't need to worry because they slept through the night and woke up without missing a beat. Drake was such a good sport about it all. He got special Dad time, so he didn't really care what the girls were up to.
The funny thing was the highlight of the evening seemed to be when I took them to the video store in their pajamas. That was the first thing Macy told her Mom when we took her home. Who knew that's all I had to do? Well, I know this is only the beginning of many slumber parties to come. It was a lot of fun, but I think it took me a good 3 days to recoup! Hopefully I get better at that part of it! :-)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these pic! It really looks like they had a ball. By the first two pics, I thought she had many girls over :-)Wish we could have been there to help out.
Being able to see the pics help with our "Elsie and Drake Fix"
Love you all,
Nana

Anonymous said...

Looks like the party was a blast!! Even if mom had to do the clean up :)

Aunty S

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed all the pictures, Mindy.
Thanks for keeping us updated.

Give each one a special hug from
Great Gpa Hank & Great Gma Sharon!!

And take one for yourself also.

Luv Ya, Gma

Unknown said...

Wow! Elsie knows how to throw one heck of a party! I wonder if they know how to play MASH? :)